Central Utah 911 is a consolidated public safety emergency communications center located in Utah County.
As an employee of Central Utah 911, you will be asked to subscribe to, accept and incorporate the principles of leadership and the values which create our organizational culture. Central Utah 911 encourages an environment that fosters open communications and innovation among its employees.
Requirements for Employment
To be considered for employment you must meet the following requirements:
• Ability to be P.O.S.T certified. Please review the certifications requirements, before completing an application.
• Submit a completed initial application.
• You must be at least 18 years of age.
• You must be a High School graduate or have your GED.
• Be able to type 40 words per minute net.
• Possess clear oral communication skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to act and think clearly in emergency or pressure situations. Testing will be performed to assess this ability.
• Possess the skills or abilities necessary to operate radio and telephone communication equipment.
• Full-time Position requires working day, swing, and graveyard shifts, as well as holidays and weekends.
• A background investigation will be conducted on all applicants considered for employment.
• A multitasking skills test will be administered.
• An oral interview and a drug screen test will be given prior to employment.
• Prior dispatch experience is preferred, but not necessary.
• Any training, education, or certification which is relevant (such as CPR, EMD, or other POST training, etc..) would be helpful but is not required for hire. Once hired certifications will be scheduled as necessary.
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Pay starting: $18.00/hr
Central Utah 911 is seeking individuals to work as Emergency Communication Officers for the communication center.
Working under general supervision of a Communications Supervisor, incumbent receives incoming emergency and non-emergency calls requesting police, fire, and EMS assistance. Operates telephone, radio and computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems and dispatches emergency units and/or personnel in response to requests for assistance for either Police or Fire/EMS. Coordinates communications during field activity and relays information to appropriate department, public safety officials or other agencies.
This position may require non-traditional hours and overtime as needed to cover a 24-hour-per-day operation.
- Complies with all policies and procedures.
- Represents the organization by promoting the mission, and values.
- Utilizes appropriate interpersonal skills in communicating and interacting with the public, co-workers, supervisors and managers, and others in the performance of the job duties.
- Performs data entry for dispatch and records management and retrieves information, as needed, from data systems for assembly with various records compilation into reports.
- Provides clerical support to the administrative staff as assigned.
- Processes all subpoenas, GRAMA, agency and case report requests.
- Performs various records tasks needed to obtain driver license information, vehicle registration, criminal history, NCIC and interstate identification index (III) information through state computer systems.
- Follows policies, procedures, guidelines, and instructions.
- Maintains confidentiality with information obtained through employment. Issues discussed in relation to employment, personnel matters and District investigations are to be held in strict confidence and not divulged without management permission.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen on/by the date of the application.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass an extensive criminal background investigation.
Public Safety Communications Officer (Lateral Transfers)
Central Utah 911 is seeking qualified experienced lateral transfer applicants for the role of Public Safety Communications Officer.
- Full time position.
- Wage DOE
- Requirements for position:
- Utah State POST dispatch certified.
- Current on EMD, CPR and BCI certifications.
Further information please call 801-794-4002
Questions about any position please contact Suzee at 801-794-4002 or email@example.com