Public Safety Communications Officer (Lateral Transfers)Starting Pay: DOE
Part-Time Public Safety Communications Officer (Lateral )
This is for qualified experienced lateral transfer applicants for the role of Part-Time Public Safety Communications Officer.
- Work schedule requirements – minimum of 24 hours per month after training is completed.
- Work is confined to an immediate work area that requires continuous staffing.
- Sit for long periods, using telephones, computers, which require some extended read-ling and repetitive motion, and two way radios.
- Time is spent at computer display terminals, viewing several monitors and observing traffic patterns.
- Work involves sensitive telephone contact with the members of the public, who may be hostile, emotional, unstable, or physically or mentally distraught.
- This safety sensitive position requires the ability to deal with times of high stress due to medical and other emergencies.
- Light physical effort required.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and move about the facility.
- Utah State P.O.S.T dispatch certified
- Current on EMD, CPR and BCI certifications.
- Current understanding of FLEX, Vesta, Gold Elite systems.
- An oral interview and a drug screen test will be given prior to employment.
- Prior dispatch experience is required for lateral transfers.
3047 N 400 W
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
(801) 794 – 4000